Wednesday, October 17, 2012

And then we were halfway.

Yay! I can't believe I am posting so soon since my last. I am.....awesome.
This post will be about several things I have realized about myself since getting as far as I have. It may be fickle. It may be trivial. But, heck, it's real.
(1)  I MADE IT HALFWAY! Yeah, I already know I said that, but it was worth repeating. I work inside and outside the home, have a family, and try to keep vermin from inhabiting my house by doing sufficient amounts of housework. I have serious issues keeping workout commitments. WEEK 1 saw five workouts, WEEK 2, four. This week, it appears I'll get five in. There is no good reason for me to miss. I can carve  20 min out of my day, right? Simple as that.
(2) I HAD AN "AHA" MOMENT! You know that moment when you're in a fitting room and a tremor rocks through you when you either recognize a physical flaw or fear the clothing will be too small? Guess who that didn't happen to today? THIS GIRL! It's mainly because my core is tighter and my booty liftier (wait, huh?). I realized immediately that it didn't happen. I didn't like the piece of clothes, but I didn't fear it either. Sweet.
(3) I NEED TO WEAR CUTE CLOTHES TO WORK OUT. Yep. Jillian can look like a minx, along with her minions. Why can't I? It makes me hold my core tighter, posture straighter, dig deeper, and work harder. Plus plus, the adult population of my household also likes it. I am in the comfort of my own home and am not pretending I'm perfect-bodied or haven't carried children. But wearing cuter clothes makes me pay attention to the parts of my body I'm trying to improve, so why NOT rock it out?
(4) I HAVE TO DO WHAT WORKS FOR ME. Simply put, 20 minute, well- planned Jillian workouts do. I love them. I hate them. They motivate me. They kick my butt. They make me proud of  myself. I really enjoyed running January through May, but that doesn't work for me now. Do what you love, right? Who doesn't love finding their niche and beating the hound out of it?
(5) I'M NOT GOING TO LOOK LIKE THE PEOPLE ON THE VIDEO OVERNIGHT: Yes, it's called "Ripped in 30" But guess what? I AM changing, slowly but surely. Weight is a tiny bit lower, booty is way lifted, core much tighter, posture better, and I feel tough. I love getting into the second or third workout of the new week and feeling a tiny bit invincible. I can feel the heat moving through my arms with the crazy planks and push-ups she does. I can feel my obliques cramp, my glutes lock up. Hurts SO good.

I will post my pics. You may see no difference, and the pics are taken in workout clothes, so, if this offends, please refrain from looking. Cool.




So, I hope you laughed a bit and maybe got encouraged. Until next time,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment