Monday, October 8, 2012

And then there was one...

Well, here we are...again.
It has been about two months since my first/last post. Since then, our family has been to the beach, experienced shift changes for Matt, seen Owen start his first day of kindergarten, and had 3,258 colds. Just kidding about the colds. It's only been 3,257.
As I was pretty blunt about before, it is kind of hard to motivate the hubs to stay on a workout plan. I have always had an adult life motto that "the only person one can be accountable for is oneself". I am trying to stay true to my workout plan as proof of my ability to follow my own mottos.
So here's the progress:
(1) Insanity workouts kick booty. They are definitely attainable in the success factor, and they motivate. They leave you feeling life the toughest limp noodle ever!
(2) I found myself come back around to Jillian Michaels videos. Her 3-2-1 system (3 min of strength, 2 of cardio, 1 of abs, with a total of three circuits) has been my success in the video realm in terms of commitment. I can definitely do a 25 min. video 5 times a week before I can do a 45-55 min video 3-4 times a week. Call me crazy, but we all have our quirks.
(3) I must be at my set weight. I know people say that, but I maintain good portion control, watch my refined sugar and simple carb intake, love lean meats, veggies, and fiber, and I am active. I also drink a LOT of water (LOVE Sassy water - google it!), and literally lose no weight. I weigh the same thing I did in high school. I might also add that, in general, I have a happy life. The only times in my life I have lost weigh substantially have been when I was stressed to a breaking point. Otherwise, my body likes to stay put, and I am satisfied with that. I currently am hovering right at 130 lbs, give or take water retention.
(4) I am proud of myself. Yes, I am. It's the simple things, right? I don't go to the gym, but, dang it, I am popping in that video almost daily. I have started week 2 of my 4 week goal. I am here for the total haul. I'm not quitting. And if you're wondering, yes, I am doing crunches with my 18 mo. old crawling UNDER me. As Jillian would say, "GET SOME!" :)
I am not sure where the next few months will take me. I really want to stablize at working out at least 3 times per week, ideally 4. It stablizes my mood and makes my heart rate incredible. I feel GOOD. I sleep well.  Heres the update pic of me. A bit silly, but I need to stop being so hard on myself and be THANKFUL! Thanks for reading, peeps. Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment